As part of our careers education programme at Studley High School, we will be supporting The Skills Show family day Saturday 18th Nov, 2017:
Book a place for family day to The Skills Show – the nation’s largest skills and careers event, Saturday 18th November, 2017 – from 10am – 4pm at the NEC Birmingham.
Be inspired, suitable for family/carers and primary to secondary pupils.
· Be inspired by an enormous range of jobs and career pathways on show.
· Get hands on and have a go at a huge selection of skills.
· Speak directly with hundreds of employers, colleges and training providers.
· Receive expert careers advice.
· Hear from motivational speakers about the world of work.
· See demonstrations from real people doing real jobs.
· Learn about a wide range of skills, careers, apprenticeships, education, training & more!
· book a place for your family
The Skills Show is the nation’s largest skills and careers event helping to shape the future of a new generation, by helping young people to go further, faster in their careers.
Attracting over 72,000 visitors, this FREE event provides ‘Have a Go’ experiences that inspire young people to explore careers and motivates them to find out more about the world of work.
Over 200 national and local employers and training organisations will be on on-hand to engage with young people, their parents and educators. There are hundreds of great career ideas to explore, including jobs of the future.
The centrepiece of the show is the WorldSkills UK Competitions finals where almost 600 trainees and apprentices compete in public to win a coveted place representing the UK on the international stage.
Independent careers advisers and other experts are available to give up to date impartial 1:1 advice and guidance on all routes into jobs from live job vacancies, apprenticeships and training opportunities.
Spotlight talks from industry leads give young people insights into specific industries and professions.