Mr D Hawkins
Mr A Howitt
Miss J Barlow
Miss J Dempster
Ms K Lewis
WHY STUDY THIS SUBJECT?
In a world where exercise, health, diet and fitness are becoming ever more important this course offers a fantastic breadth in understanding exercise and its benefits for a healthy lifestyle. Pupils will study the main body systems and how to maintain and develop a balanced diet. They will also complete a wide range of practical activities using a range of sports and exercise methods to track and promote fitness levels. levels. The course offers a high quality level 2 qualification which has a wide range of applications linked to careers in coaching, sports science, diet and nutrition, health professionals as well as leisure and tourism.
- Planning for the delivery of an exercise session, considering health and safety factors.
- Producing a personal fitness plan for a specific session.
- Reviewing a personal fitness plan for a specific session.
- Literacy, Numeracy and ICT.
- Skills essential for the modern workplace, such as team working; presentation skills; independent working; working to deadlines; efficient use of resources.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
- Principals of health and fitness
- Healthy lifestyles
- Preparing and planning for health and fitness
- Develop a personal health and fitness programme
- 1 x Externally assessed exam (25% of marks)
- 3 x Internally assessed controlled assessment – portfolio of evidence (75% of marks)
Level 2 Certificate: Pass, Merit, Distinction