Miss G Bussey
WHY STUDY THIS SUBJECT?
“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” – Plato
This option is an ideal choice for keen musicians who want both educational and career options available to them once they leave school. You should consider this course if:
- You love practical music making
- Are good at working as part of a team
- You are able to work in a self-motivated manner
- You want to pursue a career in creative or Performing Arts and Music
Students will work in a range of ways including as a soloist and part of small groups,. This will allow them to develop performance skills as they move through the course. They also get to explore the many diff aspect of music industry including performance, recording, sampling and career pathways. Music is transferable to many other areas like team-work, independent learning and being motivated to achieve.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
- The music industry
- Managing a music product
- Managing making and promoting
- Optional units:
- Live performance recording and sound relating to music industry
- Units 1 & 2 (60% of marks) – portfolio based internal assessment.
- Unit 3 (40% of marks) – paper based, external assessment
Examining Board: Pearson
Course Outcome:Level 2 Award